HEALTH BENEFITS OF ROCK SALT
- Strong Immune System
- Naturally helps you to build up a strong immune system.
- Alkalizing – Anti Acidic
Rock salt is alkalizing to the body, as it has not been exposed to high heat and stripped of its minerals, nor does it have any harmful man-made ingredients added to it. Thus it can help you to prevent and reverse high levels of acids in the body, which in turn eliminates the risks for serious and life-threatening diseases.
- Weight Loss
Believe it or not, but Rock salt can also help you in weight loss. It helps the body to create digestive juices so that the foods you eat are digested faster, and it helps to prevent buildup in the digestive tract, which eventually can lead to constipation and weight gain.
- Skin Conditions
A rock salt bath can help to relieve dry and itchy skin as well as serious conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. The bath naturally opens up the pores, improves circulation in the skin and hydrates the tissues so that your skin can heal.
Rock salt is effective in reducing inflammation in the respiratory system. Thus the production of phlegm is slowed down so that you can breathe easier again. Some say that sprinkling Rock salt on the tongue after drinking a glass of water is just as effective as using an inhaler. But the great thing about Rock salt is that it has no side effects when taken in moderation.
- Heart Health
When salt is taken with water it can help to reduce high cholesterol levels, high blood pressure and help to regulate an irregular heartbeat. Thus Rock salt can help to prevent atherosclerosis, heart attacks and strokes.
Rock salt can help to reduce the need for insulin by helping to maintain proper sugar levels in the body. Thus the salt is an essential part of the diet if you are diabetic, or at risk for the disease.
Just over 1/4 of the amount of salt that is in the body is stored in the bones, where it helps to keep them strong. When the body lacks salt and water it begins to draw the sodium from the bones, which then eventually can lead to osteoporosis. Thus by drinking plenty of water and consuming salt in moderation you can prevent osteoporosis.
- Muscle Spasms
Potassium is essential for helping the muscles to function properly. Rock salt not only contains small amounts of potassium, but it also helps the body to absorb it better from other foods. Thus it is effective in helping to prevent muscle pains, spasms and cramps.
Rock salt also has shown to be effective in treating various types of depression. The salt helps to preserve two essential hormones in the body that help you to better deal with stress. These hormones are serotonin and melatonin, which help you to feel good, and relax and sleep better at night.
- Beauty Benefits
Rock salt can be used as a body scrub. Since high in mineral content, it is a perfect substitute for spa standard products made at home.
Uses of Rock Salt
- Gargling -:Stir 1/2 teaspoon salt in an 8-ounce glass of warm water for use as a gargle for sore throats.
- Cleaning teeth -:Mix one part salt to two parts baking soda after pulverizing the salt in a blender or rolling it on a kitchen board with a tumbler before mixing. It whitens teeth, helps remove plaque and it is healthy for the gums.
- Washing mouth -:Mix equal parts of salt and baking soda as a mouth wash that sweetens the breath.
- Bathing eyes -:Mix 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a pint of water and use the solution to bathe tired eyes.
- Reducing eye puffiness -:Mix one teaspoon of salt in a pint of hot water and apply pads soaked in the solution on the puffy areas.
- Relieving tired feet -:Soak aching feet in warm water to which a handful of salt has been added. Rinse in cool water.
- Relieving bee stings -:If stung, immediately wet the spot and cover with salt to relieve the pain.
- Treating mosquito and chigger bites -:Soak in saltwater, then apply a mixture of lard and salt.
- Treating poison ivy -:Soaking the exposed part in hot saltwater helps hasten the end to poison ivy irritation.
- Relieving fatigue -:Soak relaxed for at least ten minutes in a tub of water into which several handfuls of salt has been placed.
- Removing dry skin -:After bathing and while still wet give yourself a massage with dry salt. It removes dead skin particles and aids the circulation.
- Applying facial -:For a stimulating facial, mix equal parts of salt and olive oil and gently massage the face and throat with long upward and inward strokes. Remove mixture after five minutes and wash face.
- Removing tattoos -:Called salabrasion, this technique involves rubbing salt on the tattoo and requires several treatments. Healing is required between sessions, but there is virtually no scarring